Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sunday Muddy Sunday...

I don't think this picture adequately captures what a mess my daughter was on Sunday. And after the events of the Pats game, her moms were a mess too... but back to Luce. After Hurricane Hannah paid a visit on Saturday, Mama Fran got to play her season opener flag football game in a giant mud bowl on Sunday. Actually, it turned out to be a beautiful day with just pockets of puddles on the field... all of which Lucia enjoyed immensely. My #1 and #2 fans were there to cheer us on and #1 fan wisely put #2 fan (you still following?) in mud clothes. Promptly upon arriving at the field, my daughter was knee deep in a mud puddle gleefully splashing and stomping around. It was quite a sight and I wish we'd thought to take a picture... but I was too busy losing a football game. Phooey. Back and home Lucia and I enjoyed playing in the backyard where I was able to snap a few shots of my pantsless, mud covered kid. On the cuteness front, Lucia has been saying some very funny things lately:
- She loves pointing out airplanes when she sees them, but lately she thinks it could also be a helicopter. This form of logical thought isn't limited to just air vehicles. We passed a construction site the other day and she said, "It's an excavator! or maybe a digger..." Clearly the girl likes to leave her options open.
- On Saturday morning when Mama Mer retrieved her from her crib, Lucia hollered, "Mama Fraaaannnnn, where are youuuuuu???" Totally unprompted. I could no longer try and sleep in after that display of cuteness.
- We're trying very hard to teach Luce that all of her actions have consequences and if she doesn't want a) to get scratched by Sadie b) a time out c) fall off the couch, etc. she needs to listen to us. I think Luce is slowing starting to understand (I hope?) because she's also telling us the truth when she does something bad (which we try and encourage because yes bad actions are bad, but telling the truth is good... man, parenting is confusing). Anyway, she'll now say things like, "I grabbed Sadie. Sadie scratch arm." or my current favorite when I came home from running errands I asked Mer how things were going, Mer said Luce had to have a time out because she tried to hit her. So I turned to Luce and said something like, "Oh why would you hit Mama? We don't hit..." and she pouted and replied, "I bite her too."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All that hair! Can't she lend some to Luke?