Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Ultimate Beach Bum...

Lucia will surely kill me for posting this (when she's 13), but honestly, how could I not?? We've been busy little beach bums over the past few weekends, with the 4th of July proving no exception. It was Uncle Tony's 55th birthday, so we headed north to celebrate. Kids love birthdays, know why? cake, cake, frosting and cake. Oh, and ice cream too. Luce was in heaven. Not to mention her trip on the train, romping around with her cousins, hamming it up for Nonne and Papa and taking Zoe for walks with Auntie Mia. Mothers Goose capped off the weekend with an impromptu trip to L.L. Bean to see Daryl Hall (sans Oats) in concert. Thereby cementing our status as middle-aged, old bittys and extinguishing the last possible ember of hipster street cred I may have possessed. It was all worth it though when I was holding Luce and Daryl launched into this hit - she wriggled out of my arms and said, "I dance!"... which is exactly what I said back in 1982.

No comments: