Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Maine: The Way Life Should Be

Ok, so I'm quoting a highway sign, but it is no less appropriate! The Mothers Goose have returned from a glorious 7 days at our Maine "camp." For those not in the know, camp is where we've rented a lakehouse for the past few years. Needless to say, it was a bit different this time having a 9 month old scurrying around the place but Lucia only enhanced the experience. We were lucky enough to have Aunt Alison and Uncle Brendan along for the ride, as well as a revolving door of family and friends. Lucia did very well for being in a new environment and sleeping in a closet (hey, camp is not that big). She didn't nap all that much, but I think she was too excited to sleep - and who can blame her? What with all the food, games and fun around it's a wonder any of us slept! Well, we didn't really either... but that's beside the point. We tried to take lots of pictures and videos, so feel free to take an hour out of your day and watch the slideshow. I know I sound like a broken record, but pictures don't do camp justice - there's something about being on Upper Range Pond (pronouced Rang - Maine, go figure) that just soothes the soul. God, I've turned into Chicken Noodle Soup for the Fran. Enough outta me, go look at my daughter.

No comments: