Sunday, September 30, 2012

Big First Day At the K

Ok, so Mamas have been dreading this day... the day we send our first baby off to Kindergarten. I was seriously considering medicating for the occasion because I thought I would be a soggy puddle of emotion. But you know what? None of us cried! Not even me! Lucia did great and has really been looking forward to starting school "like a big kid."  A few weeks into school and she is regularly declaring "Kindergarten is GREAT!" which is the best we could have hoped for... and I am certain her independent spirit will continue to bloom and grow (bloom and grow forevvvverrr). Never one to be left in the dust, Carmen also started a new pre-K program so we got her suited up as well. She had a successful first day and so far so good (knock on wood). And if this whole school thing doesn't work out, she also has this talent as back up.

No comments: