Monday, November 23, 2009

It's the Magic Number...

With the dawn of Lucia's third (3rd!!!!) birthday I have been singing Sunrise, Sunset all_week_long. Perhaps a little premature, but I don't remember growing older - when did she? So yes, Lucia turned 3 on the 19th and we've been on a birthday bender ever since. On her actual birthday, Ellen was kind enough to send home the rest of the cake she made so of course we recycled. And Lucia got to open some presents, including some really cool stuff from her Jersey boy Luke. This was all prep for the big birthday event - SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY! Lucia had a loosely themed party ("her favorite things") which involved lots of costumes, the Wizard of Oz, Papa's sauce, eggrolls and pancakes. I believe a good time was had by all and once again we couldn't have pulled it off without the help of our family and friends (Nonne, Mimi, Auntie Ashlee - - thank you!!). This morning Lucia woke up and said, "I had a really fun party... now I want my 4 year old party." I told her she'd have to wait a bit for that one.

No comments: