Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A PhD, a JD and Boatload of Expectation...

Just kidding Lucia. You can be whatever you want to be... so long as you promise to take care of your moms in our dotage. Enough about me, this post is all about Aunt Alison's amazing accomplishment! This weekend brought us to Seattle once again - this time to celebrate the culmination of Alison's 43 years of post-grad study. On Saturday she was awarded her PhD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Washington with a specialty in something to do with kids and stuff (guess who does not have her PhD?). Lucia was an absolute rock star throughout the entire 2+ hour ceremony and didn't cry once - not even a peep! I suppose that makes up for her lousy flight out to Seattle (Mama Mer flew with her solo, so I guess that means Lucy missed me??). Anyway, we had great visit - albeit a short one - and Lucia just loved spending time with Aunt Alison, Uncle Brendan, Aunt Julie and Uncle Sean. Once I figure out how to upload Alison's speech from our video camera, I'll be sure to post it so you can all marvel at what a poised, whip-smart, funny and over all wonderful person our lil Alison has become. Jeez, I sound like I've hit my dotage now.

P.S. Do you know how to keep a lawyer from talking? Lucy does :-)

2 comments:

Aunt Alison said...

Lucy and I object to the picture selected for this post. We're looking into our legal options...

F & M said...

Motion denied. Insufficient evidence.